Our artisan seeded, spelt, rye, organic wholemeal and bloomer loafs come from The Chalk Hills Bakery in Reigate, our Collaroy free-range eggs from Newdigate, and our pies and sausage rolls come in fresh from Chitty’s butchers in Brockham. Both Debbie’s Homemade Preserves and our Brockham bees honey are also made in the village.
Our huge cheese selection is entirely local, with the wonderful Norbury Blue and Dirty Vicar (their own version of the famous Stinking Bishop) coming in from Norbury Park Farm in Mickleham; Sussex Charmer cheese and South Downs butter made by Bookham and Harrison in West Sussex, and both deli tubs and hard cheeses from
Other local highlights are our award-winning Sunflower Oil, Oak Smoked Rapeseed Oil and Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oils from Sussex Gold are producing award-winning oils,
We stock their . Kokoh fine chocolate bars are handmade in Ewhurst, Surrey and we stock exotic flavours such as Chilli and Lime, Sicilian Orange, and Merryberry. A Great Taste award winner and filled with antioxidants, they’re the perfect treat!Our Henfield, West Sussex. Their juicy smoked garlic bulbs add a lovely flavour to many dishes – you’ll never buy boring old supermarket garlic again
We also stock fabulous cheeses from Alsop & Walker in Mayfield, East Sussex.
And we always have plenty of the best-selling Collaroy free-range eggs from Newdigate.
The Shop at Strood Green is an award-winning community shop set up and run by the residents of Strood Green, Brockham in Surrey. We opened our doors on 21 March 2009 and you can read the whole story on Our History page.
Right from the start, the shop has surpassed all expectations. And it’s not just the shop that is thriving – since our recent extension, Our Cafe has also taken off, with people visiting regularly for a cup of coffee, a piece of cake and a chat. On sunny days the tables outside are always occupied, too.
We pride ourselves on keeping a seasonal range to beat most other small independent village shops.
Our stock is constantly growing and changing with our customers’ tastes, but you can be sure that in store you can always find:
- Newspapers & magazines
- Artisan breads, croissants and baguettes freshly baked in store
- Freshly made sandwiches, pasties, pies, sausage rolls and quiches by the slice
- Homemade cakes, also available to buy by the slice
- A staggering range of confectionery, including old-fashioned sweets sold by weight and penny sweets, chocolate bars and gift boxes, as well as handmade chocolates and nougat
- Locally made cheeses and butters
- Chutneys and jams made in the village
- Local and organic farm produce including eggs from our neighbouring farm in Betchworth, local milk and fresh meat
- Fresh fruit and vegetables, with seasonal vegetables donated by local growers
- A range of free-from foods such a muesli, biscuits and bread as well as high quality dry goods including rice, pasta and crackers
- Full range of chilled goods including local cheeses and butters
- Frozen foods including locally made soups, sauces and ice cream
- Fresh fruit juices from the South of England, sports and soft drinks
- A quality selection of local ales and wines from Denbies Vineyard, beer, and cider, and spirits and tobacco behind the counter
- Baking ingredients, herbal teas and coffees
- Everyday household items, competitively priced
- Greetings cards with many hand-made locally as well as wrapping paper and everyday stationery supplies